April 3, 2009

the person behind the blog

I've often wondered what the people behind some of my favorite blogs are really like. You know, in their everyday lives that are not captured in their blog-related images and text. I've been so immersed lately in trying to live my non-blog life, to soak up and savor my last few weeks in New Zealand, that I just haven't felt much like posting. So, here's a few images of what I've been up to... canoodling with my honey in the far north of New Zealand's North Island. The top image was snapped by K at Pakiri, one of the East Coast beaches he visits regularly. K's a dedicated surfer, that's him riding a nice wave in the middle image.



After living north of Auckland for almost 2 and a half years, our lives will soon be very different. I'll be re-establishing Pollen in Austin (more on this soon!), and our time in NZ will feel like a strangely long vacation. There are plenty of things that I'll miss about life in NZ, but I won't miss that pit-of-the-stomach feeling that I don't fit in here, that I belong in Austin. Things have changed quite a bit since we left the US-politically, financially, and emotionally-and I am so ready to be back within hugging distance of my friends and family. It feels like a dream really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck, brooke! you guys are adorable, and we are waiting here in the u.s. to welcome you back!

Denise Fasanello said...

you look so relaxed! welcome home