February 17, 2009

new jewelry from ancient beads



I've had the antique glass beads from Afghanistan for ages now, and finally realized that I won't be able to forge gold accents and findings any time soon. So, after a big mug of Earl Grey, I got to work and created a bunch of prototypes, using what I had on hand. I'm happy that I used every bead to make some awesome pieces that I'll wear, but eventually I'll replace the seed beads and findings with custom fabricated accents. What now is just a necklace will become a work of art. Above choker necklace mixes antique glass beads with faceted coral (I know, I bought them before I realized how wrong it is to harvest the stuff) and glass seed beads.


Two long necklaces with sterling silver chain, glass beads, and pearls. Center choker with hand forged textured silver discs, glass beads, and pearls.



No comments: