August 27, 2008

nyc: abc home & carpet

ABC Home & Carpet was a must-see for me in New York. The selection and styling of the goods approaches an artform. Lots of natural wood, organic forms and pieces that scream Authentic.

I couldn't take my eyes off the silk-flower wall on the ground floor - I still haven't decided whether I love it or despise it. I do love the petrified stump tables below.

Nice ceramics by Jan Burtz. Makes me wonder if you can register for your wedding at ABC?

The natural goods area had a great display of the elements that go into their products - cotton, flax, linen, and a bunch of stuff I couldn't identify.



The children's area had this sweet soft branch with hanging pods. Something about it resonates with how I see a comfy baby's room.

Chandelier of cast metal twigs and glass drops. Natural and sophisticated all at the same time.



No comments: